Ok. Here go my 20 really random facts!
1. I was till class 10, one you could call a geek, a nerd or a bookworm. I was also class rep throughout school, and house captain in my 11th and 12th.
2. The first time I went out for a movie with friends was in class 12, when I went for Sarfarosh.
3. I (rather my parents made me) attempted to learn classical music when I was 7. The attempts lasted exactly 4 days, post which my parents realized that I had been escaping classes by telling everyone that I wasn’t a student, but a student’s sibling, waiting for him to finish his class.
4. I do not consume more than 2 glasses of water a day.
5. I remember every detail of the first house I lived in, though we moved out when I was 4, and never visited it again.
6. The first time I sang on stage was in class 2nd. I sang ‘Rudolf the red nosed reindeer’ and won 3rd prize for it.
7. I have cut a cake on each of my birthday till date.
8. I have been a die-hard Rahul Dravid fan since class 8. I collected his posters, postcards, articles about him, magazines featuring him, and even cutouts of the scorecards of matches he played, till class 12. After which I kinda got bored and gave up.
9. I started traveling to school on a two-wheeler (a moped, then a scooty) from class 9 onwards, and had to ride 16 kms (both ways), on the Delhi-Hardwar highway for it.
10. I have maintained a record of a minimum one accident per year; in the 7 years I frequently rode my two-wheeler. If not anything else, I would at least skid and fall without any reason, to make up for it.
11. I had never caught a whiff of booze, or seen anyone drunk till I attended my first party at K.
12. I hadn’t ever cooked anything except for maggi and tea till I came to Hyderabad 6 months back, and now I can cook a decent, eatable meal.
13. I could not consume aerated drinks at all till college, and survived on maaza alone. Now I am a coke addict.
14. I have ‘too talkative’ scribbled in the remarks section of all my report cards, from LKG to class 8.
15. We got a cable connection in our house just 2 years back. So, I have watched only national and DD metro all through my school life.
16. I was sure about my career as a doctor, and changed my mind mid way through class 10th, when I realized that I did not possibly have the guts to dissect a mouse, or a cockroach, and took commerce instead.
17. I am the second shortest in my family, including first cousins, and relatives, with just one aunt slightly shorter than I am.
18. I was initially named as Vidya by my grandmother. However, my dad felt that he was to decide on my name, and changed it to Divya instead.
19. I am super-clumsy. I trip, fall, twist my ankle, drop things super frequently.
20. I hate buses. Volvo, or no Volvo, air-conditioned or not, for 15 minutes or for 15 hours, I cant stand traveling in a bus. …