This is definitely not the best mood to be in when the intent is to resurrect a part-dead blog. But again, probably it is because it is finally making me post. And this, I will make sure does get published, unlike the 30 thousand other posts which I started, and didn’t complete, because when I revisited them they didn’t make as much sense, or completed but didn’t post because by the time I logged in again, they had lost relevance because the discussed matter was way too long in the past.
Anyways, back to the post and the extremely foul mood. I am tired. No, that is an under-statement. I am exhausted. And though I always thought I was someone who would not let what others want , effect what I do or the way I do it, I realized that at the end of the day, I am allowing things to happen the way they are, despite the fact that I am hating them.
It’s high time that some basic disclaimers about the way I operate are set out. On this blog that is, because I am incapable of communicating the same to more appropriate authorities.
– I switch off at 9 PM. That is the maximum I can push myself to be aware and in control of what I am saying or doing. So if there is anything scheduled for after that, I am sorry, I am not part of it. And even so, if you push me to be, I am not responsible for the consequences
– If you want a meeting, schedule it a day in advance. Sending me an appointment, 5 minutes before I am all set to leave for home will only make me angry (and bunk the next day). Also, please check with the point above before fixing anything
– My weekends are mine. And I love them. In fact, I have realized that the only reason why I survive a whole week is the anticipation of the weekend that would finally arrive. So refrain from invading my weekend, and if you do, expect weird excuses.
– There is no word like ‘stretching’ in my dictionary. I firmly believe that stretching beyond your regular hours basically showcases your inefficiency or the fact that you take too many coffee breaks. I cannot be classified under either category, and hence I am not supposed to stretch. And I won’t.
– Don’t ever say, ‘I wish I had your job, you always leave on time’. Try surviving one day working non-stop in front of the system, and getting up only in case of life and death situations, and then talk. Yes, that is a continuation of the rant above.
Ok, that I guess would be it for now. And this list is always subject to updates, so more later. As of now, it is 9:30 PM and I am off to a meeting, which by the way violates both points 1 and 2 above. So much for the disclaimers. Farewell!