I have been away for a long time again, and this time I swear it was nothing to do with laziness. And no, it was not lack of stuff to write about either. And of course, I did have time on hand. But I could just not write, and if I tried, it was so boring and senseless that I fell asleep just typing it. Ok, that’s a little too much, but it was something to that effect.
Till a savior came along, in the form of I-love-Lucy. And I was tagged!
The idea is to reveal 10 of your deepest darkest secrets. Now this blog never has anything even remotely deep (which makes it shallow? OMG, that’s so not a compliment! Anyways, so we can’t change that, can we?) And dark? No-no, this is a light blog by all means.
So, I think I’ve done something similar before, rattled some random stuff about me, so I will link that, and think of 10 new things.
1. I have a time fixed for most regular things in life and I stick to these come what may. Like go for a bath exactly at 10 AM, leave for work exactly at10:55AM, go for a coffee exactly at 3 PM, book my cab for 9 exactly at 8:15 etc. I know that makes me so similar to Subodh from Dil Chahta hai, but heck, it is true.
2. About the coffee, I have one regular Barista cappuccino each day. I always pick two packets of brown caramelized sugar, but use only one. The other one goes into my bag and stays there till the monthly clearance happens. Again, wasteful I know, but true.
3. I don’t share chocolate. Or anything which is chocolatey. Ok, you want to taste it fine, go ahead, but if you do like it, kindly to pick up one of your own. Don’t even try to hijack mine!
4. If I pick up a book, I have to finish it and no amount of sleep deprivation, hunger or work can stop me. However, if I haven’t finished it for a week, chances are, I never will, and even if I do, you would never hear me recommending it to anyone.
5. I am addicted to shoes. I recently did this meme which tells you which SATC character you are (yeah, yeah, I am useless, I do silly memes, and quite enjoy them too, so sue me), and I turned out to be Carrie. The only thing I could see we have in common however, was the love for shoes. Ok fine, she has 400 pairs, and I have 20, but that’s not a bad start!
6. Oh here is one secret which can be termed as dark. Or atleast one thing I am thoroughly ashamed of. Ok, so here goes. In class 9th, I was convinced that I was a huge fan of; hold your breath, Chadrachur Singh! I even had a poster
of him (gifted please).Who Chandrachur, you ask? Please go away! In my defense he was good in Maachis, and Tere mere sapne. So.
7. I was once a regular reader of this blog, which had a pretty interesting fiction section. Then one day, I saw the blogger’s reply to a comment, which started with ‘I didn’t knew that….’; I never went back.
8. If I receive a message with a lolz, or frenz, or itz, or any sms short forms, I immediately judge the sender as an immature-college-kid. Same for those who don’t use the dictionary function in their cell.
9. I hate criticism. Constructive or otherwise. I immediately get defensive and angry and take it extremely personally.
10. I am extremely punctual and I hate people who don’t turn up on time. I hate missing the beginning of movies, and having to roam around aimlessly waiting for the other party to turn, but it has happened more than once. Luckily for me, The Dude has similar thoughts and now I never miss even the trailers before the movie.
And that’s that! Coming to tagging people, I’d say anyone who feels like it. Trust me, it’s fun!