Happiness is –
- Samosa Chat, followed by Dahi Puri, followed by countless rounds of Pani Puri, and finished with Fruit Custard at Friends Corner
- Friday evenings, starting the moment the Operations Review gets over
- Saturday mornings, when waking up is a pleasure, and the usual frown is replaced with a grin.
- Saturday nights, a huge pack of potato chips, chilled beer, and F.R.I.E.N.D.S marathon with The Dude. Followed by loud music, and mindless dancing to songs from Singh is Kinng.
- The Radio playing Kabhi Kabhi Aditi, Pehli Nazar and Khuda Jaane one after the other.
- Going out on the bike for a change because the weather seems nice, the skies turning grey without notice and getting drenched to the bone on the way back.
- Shopping. Whether it is at odyssey, where you go to just ‘check out’ the latest best sellers, only to have The Dude insist you buy all you pick. Or at the mall, where you have gone to only pick up jeans for The Dude (your shopping quota for the month is done), and end up picking up this awfully cute top you cant believe is selling at 40% off!
- A plate of steaming hot rice, with a spoon of ghee, and mom’s magai pickle, when you haven’t had anything good to eat since the morning.
- The Dude enjoying My Movie* and accepting that he did, as soon as the movie gets over.
- A huge chocolate brownie. With ice cream. And hot chocolate sauce all over it. And with chocolate sprinkles on top. Ok, enough.
- Stepping on the scales after all the hogging, and seeing that you are a whole (ok almost a whole) Kg lighter!
- Going to the cab stand after a tiring day at work, and finding just one cab, and that is yours!
- Waking up on a weekday and glancing at the clock to see that you still have two hours to go.
- Walking with The Dude along the Tank Bund, in a slight drizzle, discussing everything from mean people at work, to which actor is the worst, to where we should vacation next, for a whole 4 hours. All the while munching on the readily available Corn Bhuttas, Dry Bhel and Roasted Chana, before washing it all down with Goli Soda.
- Knowing how happy you are; and how this is exactly what you want from life, and then rushing to touch something wooden immediately.
*My Movie – Refers to any movie that has been suggested by me. Similarly, The Dude has his set of ‘My Movies’. If the movie is bad, the person owning it takes full responsibility for the disaster. An example of a disastrous My Movie would be Tashan or what we call ‘The movie that must not be named’.