– Write a random Blog post
– Read other blogs
– Read some more blogs
– Pick a tag from another blog and write yet another post
– Ensure the tag has a minimum of 50 questions in it
Tada! Your day is done! Well almost.
Picking this from Priya’s blog!
1. Were you named after anyone?
Nope. However, there an interesting story behind my name. And since this is my blog, I am narrating that inspite of not being asked to. Story begins. So, when I was born, my maternal grandmom took it upon herself to name me, and hence went ahead got my birth certificate done with name chosen by her, which was in fact an anagram of my current name. No points for guessing what. When my dad arrived, he apparently blew his top off, as he couldn’t digest the fact that someone had actually gone ahead and named his first child without as much as bothering to consult him. So, he cancelled the original name, and gave me my current name. If you ask me today, I am very very glad he did that. Also, when my sister was born, no one even ventured to suggest anything to him. Story over.
2. When was the last time you cried?
A few days back – I think it was one of those tantrum fits I threw about The Dude going away for 5 weeks. FIVE WEEKS.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
It is nice yes, if I am in the mood to write neatly that is. Or else it is scribbles even I cannot decipher later.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Lunch meat? I dont know. First of all I have turned a non vegetarian recently. And I definitely dont have meat for lunch. My favorite lunch however would be a veggie delite from Subway. Heck that would be my favorite breakfast, lunch and dinner! I like sea food though if you are inetersted to know.
5. Do you have kids?
No I dont. As yet. Which brings me to the names I have in mind for my future kid(s). I had shortlisted ‘Zoravar’ for a son, and ‘Zoya/Zia’ for a daughter. Some fascination for the letter Z. But they have all been vetoed. So suggestions are welcome, and you have all the time in the world, so think hard.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
I’m not sure. Imagine this, two people, exactly same by nature, and having the exact same views on things, and the exact same likes and dislikes, we would get bored really fast and run out of things to do together. We won’t even have arguments, life would be so boring.
7. Do you use sarcasm?
Yes I do, I try to atleast. My kind of humor it is. Why do you think the Chan-Chan man is an all time favorite!
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
9. Would you bungee jump?
Yes I will! I am thinking in NewZealand. If anyone has any excess cash on hand, please pass it over, and I will plan a vacation.
10. What is your favorite cereal? Cereal and all we people in India don’t eat so often. I have rotis for breakast, very healthy. Once in a while we have Kellogs Chocos with cold milk, but that is so addictive that we don’t buy it anymore.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I have only one pair of them tieable shoes, that’s my sports shoes. And no I dont untie them before taking them off, which is exaclt wy I purchased slip on sports shoes this time. People not to assume we do any sports because we dont, and their only use is when there is a chance of me walking more than a kilometer, because then, the heels kill.
12. If you were to pick your own first name, what would it be?
Princess Consuela! No, I wouldn’t pick anything different, my name means a lot to me.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Chocolate. I really wish I could say something more exotic and different, but nothing satisfies like chocolate. I can say choco-mint though
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? The way they talk. I am kinda judgemental, I decide whether the person is arrogant, or creepy, or friendly, or funny, or stupid, or intelligent depending on how the person speaks.
15. Red or pink?
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself
My whiny nature, and the ability to make up or dig for issues in life, even if there aren’t any.
17. Whom do you miss the most?
I miss my home and being with my parents and lil sis. But I am sure than from the 15th, I will have a different story to tell! FIVE WEEKS.
18. Do you want everyone to complete this list?
19. What color clothes are you wearing?
Maroon. And blue. That is so not a good combination!
21. What are you listening to right now?
Nothing actually. Which makes me wonder why. So I will switch on something now. Most probably the band version of ‘Emosanal Atyachaar’
22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Blue – no doubts
23. Favorite smells?
Chocolate, Vanilla, wet earth, Gucci Envy me, Armani Code
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
25. How do you know the person who sent this to you?
She is the writer of a blog I frequently visit!
26. Favorite sports to watch?
Cricket – if it is a one day match, even better if it is a 20-20 and is between India and a good other team
27. Hair color?
Black. Turning brown because of excessive use of chemicals to keep it in place
28. Eye color?
Black. Not turning into anything.
29. Do you wear contacts?
Nopes. My eyes apparently are doing fine, though if I do get a chance I would rather wear glasses. Too scared to put anything in the eye!
30. Favorite foods?
Pani Puri, chocolates, Pongal, rasam, sea-food. What combination no?
31. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, Happy endings!
32. Last movie you watched?
33. What book are you reading now?
Then we came to an end by Joshua Ferris. I don’t know why I bought this book, but I am really trying hard to read it.
34. Summer or winter
Winter, cold, fogs, quilts, hot chai. peanuts. Winter definitely.
35. Hugs or kisses
Can’t do without both
37. Describe your pencil cup
There is no pencil cup here, but there is one common one kept behind and it is not worth describing
38. Favorite artist(s)? I am currently in awe of A.R.Rehman, good enough no?
39. What kind of music are you into?
I am very Bollywood, hindi music rules my ipod
40. What is on your mouse pad?
My mouse. Ok, that’s what ‘on’ it. Anyways, it’s a basic Dell mousepad, if that was the question
41. What did you watch on tv last night?
Top Chef on AXN. Oh, and Baalika Vadhu on Colors. Aiyyo, it was depressing!
42. Favorite sound(s).
The sound of waves on the beach most definitely. I need a vacation 😦
43. Do you sing or play an instrument?
I sing all the time. Can picking tunes on the keyboard with one hand be counted as playing an instrument? Please?
44. What is the farthest you have been from home?
45. Do you have a special talent?
Define special. I mean seriously. And then define talent. What is this? I can move my ears, twitch them actually. Does that count?
46. Where were u born?
Hyderabad. Such a perfect example of ‘life has come a full circle’ this.
47. Favorite piece of jewelry?
My very precious ‘engagement ring’ for sure. The Dude gave it to me in the car parking lot of the mall we purchased it in. So lots of mush value attached!
48. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
How? Ah, long story, I met his CV first actually. Was told that this ‘profile’ was joining our team soon. In short, we met at work.
49. Favorite song?
How can you ask for a favorite song like that? Current favorite you can ask. That would be ‘Khudaya Khair’ from Billu Barber, ‘Genda Phool’ from Delhi 6, and ‘Pyaar Ki Daastan’ from Luck By Chance.
50. Favorite musical?
Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam in Hindi. I used to love Fiddler on the Roof in college, so that too!
I am done now! What a productive use of Friday eh? So are you bored? Do you have no work to do? Or do you have work that you don’t want to do? Whatever be the case, now you have a solution! Do the fifty question tag! For free! Ok seriously, it is actually pretty much fun to do, much like those slam-books we used to fill back in school, and it takes almost an hour. So, your call.
Edited to add : I have tried really hard to put this whole long list under an LJ cut, but it is refusing to happen. Hence giving up
Edit 2 : I did it. I did it. Pah, things I do for junta’s convenience!