We have been there. Done that
. And the learnings remain the same. Those who know of the GM diet, obviously know of it’s effects.
But for those who want to know more, here is the otherwise ignored list of side effects that this self-imposed torture has!
1. Day 1. You hate apples; Day 2. Could someone please give you just one bite of an apple?; Day 3. Ugh, why do all fruits and vegetables taste alike?
Basically you’re losing it.
2. The whiteboard at your desk has tallybars for the number of bottles of water you’ve had during the day. Especially if you are a self-proclaimed camel who can survive with no water the whole day like some.
3. You wonder whether the actual reason behind the whole weight loss is the change in diet, or the countless trips to the restroom you end up making, thanks to those countless(counted?) bottles of water you consumed.
4. You eye the extremely bland curd rice with pickle that your collegue is having for lunch with jealousy.
5. You take vows like “I am going to eat two icecreams, and a whole pizza the day this gets over”; that it would actually defeat the whole purpose of the diet is a conveniently forgotten point.
6. Every call that you make to the partner in crime (endeavour, one might call it) starts with a ” So how are managing so far? F*** this whole thing really, and let’s order pizza tonight!”
7. You tell yourself ” I’m not that unfit really, do I really need this?” everytime you look at the mirror.
8. You curse everytime there is a food related commercial on the television. Or a restaurant scene in any of the movies or soaps you watch.
9. You sprinkle generous amounts of chat masala on the fruits you are expected to finish. And then justify saying “I checked the ingredients on the box, they are all natural and healthy”.
10. Whenever anyone asks you if the diet has worked so far you reply saying ” It’s not for weightloss really, I am just detoxifying myself. It is supposed to have a positive effect on the mind as well”.
Oh by the way, today is Day 2, and to say I’m not liking it, is well, an understatement really. But then, what do you say to a person who repeats the same mistakes over and over again? Nothing. So let’s leave it at that.
So, if all’s well, see you on the other side of the week then huh?