– I like my voice when I have a cold. It gets way deeper, which is really something, because my voice is deeper than average in general. So much so, that some credit card company callers refer to me as sir, and no, I don’t find that amusing at all. But it does remind me of Phoebe finding her voice much sexier when she has a cold, and hates it when she is back to normal. Remember?
– For the first time ever in my life, I worked on a Saturday. Not counting this one Saturday when we were all summoned to the office for some hideous dance practice which was the norm in the ex-company. This time I actually worked-worked. And this is a first in my 4 and half years of professional life. Some achievement, yes? No, not the working on the weekend bit, but the managing-to-not-work-on-a-weekend-for-such-a-long-time bit. I know, I didn’t expect you to get that anyway.
– As a repercussion of the above event, which by the way is a nominee at the Shock of the century awards, I missed the Mango sale. Which is not good at all, because Mango opened very recently in our city, and this is it’s first sale. Not that the sale is over, but I happen to belong to the school of thought which believes that all good things in a sale are sold out in the very first weekend, and what remains is unwearable, not your size, or unaffordable (which defeats the very purpose of the sale).
– I also missed the sale at Aldo, where I hoped to pick up these amazing pair of blue pumps which (I hoped) would be available at an amazing 80% off the original price. Did I mention my New Year resolution is to be all optimistic and positive?
– There is this nice steel grey building in front of our office, the top floor of which is in my straight line of sight. What is weird is it has these two entrance sort of things on the terrace, which are painted bright pink. I have no idea why that is, but it seriously hurts my eyes every time I look up. To my left, is a gigantic window with an amazing view, but I can’t really keep my head turned that way all the time, so it’s practically of no use.
– The sensor lights above my head which I had mentioned in the last post, have changed their modus operandi. They now switch on only when some one on my extreme left moves. Which is surprising, because this light is towards my right. Also, it has very conveniently decided to ignore my existence altogether. The only positive thing is, these lights act as an alarm every time someone approaches my seat from behind, and gives me enough time to minimize all the Internet explorer windows, and maximize a colorful excel sheet, before the said person actually reaches my seat.
– Also, since I now regularly leave for work at 7:30, it means not enough time for breakfast. Which means, brunch at office. Which invariably is something they call egg-combo, consisting of a small bowl of rice, two parathas, one small bowl of dal, one smaller bowl of raita, and the item which gave the combo this name, egg curry. But obviously I am sick and tired of eating this every, single, day. But I still manage to finish the entire plate, except the egg yolk because of my near starvation status at the moment. Things we do for paapi-pet. Oh, and between the last bullet point and this, I had my brunch. And yes, it was an egg-combo.
– Something I love about my workplace is it’s cheery decor. It’s an open office, white ceilings, pillars in pastel shades, glass windows on two sides, while the other two are covered with gigantic images of babies, children playing, happy families etc. The coffee area has equally big images of brewing tea, vegetables, and the lounge has very colorful images of Indian folk dances, monuments, forts, deserts. And the cafeteria has magnified, and very nicely shot pictures of spices, dry-fruits, fruits, and all kinds of eatables. It all looks awesome.
– I noticed this girl in our bus, who brought along a typical self-help book to read, which had to do with emotions, something like ‘manage your emotions’ or ‘befriend your emotions’ or such. So, she started reading it, and promptly fell asleep within 5 minutes. Which makes me wonder if people actually find these reads helpful, or if they pick up these reads to generally look cool, which is ironic, because I find these the most uncool of all categories of books. This of course is strictly a personal opinion, and we all have our preferences, but I thought of saying it anyway.
– I have a new URL at WordPress, all set, ready to use for almost a month now. It took me a while to get the header in place and all, and to figure out the method of transferring posts and comments from here to there, and the idea was to move in the New Year, but as you can see I didn’t, so we are still here. Anyway, I have no idea why we have not moved yet, but I am hoping we eventually do, so one fine day, you’ll have a ‘We’ve moved’ post out here. Hopefully.
– This post turned out to be way longer than I had intended it to be when I started, but that’s the minus with bullet point posts. The plus with these posts is that we were able to get in so many things which would have never warranted a mention out here otherwise. Good, fair and just post this one is. Me likes. You?