Hello Hello Hello.
So vacation’s over and we’re back. If you are one of those who read my blog on Reader and not at the site, you wouldn’t have noted my Twitter updates, which by the way would have told you where I was the past whole week. And since you refuse to give me hits on my blog, or leave comments, and instead run to the comfort of Reader (where I really think I should limit what you can read like some bloggers I know )you’ll have to wait to know more. Because this is not an entry I will link to my barren Travel-log page. This is a general update. About IPL. Oh, which would make it a specific update.
So I am not a big cricket fan. For that matter, any sport fan. I like my F.R.I.E.N.D.S reruns, and Bones, and Two and a Half men, and almost everything they show on Star World and Zee Cafe to actually bother flipping to a sports channel. But I do take note when India is playing, but only for one-dayers. Because I lack patience. So, when Twenty-twenty was introduced, I was a happy person. And when IPL was introduced, I liked the concept but I was terribly confused as to who I should support. Luckily I have my favorite defined clearly now. So, till last season, I only watched when my team played and cheered for it to win. And win it did. Yay.
But what has happened is, The Dude has changed his timings at work, and we now travel together. So this means he is back at home with me before 7. Which means he has time on hand but no stock markets. Which means that he needs the TV. Which means he will watch every match that will be on. So I am forced to watch cricket with him, and then, now that I am watching, I have to cheer for one of the two teams that are playing so that I can sulk or celebrate at the end. In order to know who I am supposed to cheer for in each match, I would have to rank the teams. But I couldn’t somehow do that. So instead, I sat and thought of the one word that came to my mind when I thought of each team. And then, I ranked these words. And guess what, that was much simpler! I know. I am weird like that.
So here is my final list purely in the order in which the team names popped into my head.
– Deccan Chargers is the best team because it is my team and it is from Hyderabad.
– Mumbai Indians is a cool team because it has Tendulkar in it. Oh come on, the man just hit a double century and all.
– Royal Challengers is Dravid’s team because duh, it is.
– Rajasthan Royals is the underdog team because of IPL Season 1, and first impressions do last in my case. Shilpa Shetty did not come into the picture while I was thinking of a word for them. Thankfully.
– Kolkata Knight Riders is a downright loser team because they blow their own trumpet and then lose like nobody’s business and SRK is getting on my nerves with all his advertising.
– Kings XI Punjab is an arrogant loser team because they have cool dudes like Brett Lee, and Yuvraj, and Pathan and still they manage to suck at the game.
– Chennai Superkings is a sweet team because it is such a down to earth team with such a down to earth Dhoni to lead them.
– Delhi Daredevils is a likeable team, because they can play, and I have a soft corner for Delhi for unknown reasons.
And in the DI’s amazing dictionary of words, following would be the ranking of the words
Best > Sweet > Dravid’s > Likeable > Cool > Underdog > Arrogant loser > Downright loser
So that’s what, and now that my life’s been made simpler, I will go and pray that Rajasthan Royals win today.
And while we are at it, who are you rooting for?
Disclaimer : The opinions above are completely personal and have not been stated with an intention to hurt anybody’s sentiments. If you don’t agree, you have every right to let me know, though a bit of politeness would be highly appreciated.